China Golf Ready
Golf in China - Did you Know?
- Posted By : Admin 0n 29 Jun,2016
- China outbound visitation hit a record high of 114 million in 2014, a 20 percent increase from 2013, and is expected to overtake the United States as the No. 1 business travel market in the world in 2016.
- Chinese spent more than a whopping $140 billion on overseas trips in 2014, up 20.7 percent year-on-year and making Chinese the No. 1 spenders on travel in the world, exceeding the U.S. and Germany.
- China's millionaire population grew 3.6 percent last year, adding 100,000 millionaires and bringing its total millionaire count to 2.9 million, despite of the country´s economic slowdown.
- The number of Chinese worth $16 million or more throve by 4 percent to 67,000, according to the report from Hurun and the Industrial Bank.
- Despite Chairman Mao labelling golf as a; “Sport of Millionaires” in 1949, China is portrayed as the shining light in the global golf industry.
- The rapidly growing golf market and the list of prestigious tournaments in China including; HSBC Champions, BMW Masters and the Volvo China Open shows the advances that have been made.
- Even though the estimates of numbers of golfers in China vary from 3 - 5 million!!, China is considered the growth engine for golf in Asia. Experts´ forecasts reveal that there will be more golfers in China than in the US by 2025.
- Today, more than 60% of Chinese golfers spend annually more than US$ 8,000 on golf, over 80% of golfers expect to take a golf trip; increasingly golfers expect to combine travel and tourism. Are YOU benefitting from these exciting developments and trends yet?
Related Tags :